Hey everyone! Thought I would do an an update on my skincare routine. I’ve already done a pretty thorough post regarding my routine, so please check it out here. Unfortunately, as we approach the fall and winter months, my skin responds by being drier than normal. When it comes to makeup, mattifying foundations/tinted moisturizers and powders pick up on the dry patches and it just doesn’t look good. So, I had to make a few small tweaks… and other than these two small changes, everything else has remained the same.
If you also have skin that gets drier in the winter, then you might be able to make similar changes and find your skin improves. Hope you find this post helpful!
- Change #1: I now only use Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant at night. With the drier air, my skin doesn’t hold moisture as easily and so using this liquid exfoliant twice a day can be too much for it–hence why I only use it at night and not in the morning any longer.
- Change #2: I now mix a small amount of Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil (a very, very small amount–you don’t need too much) into my Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator in the morning. I don’t mix the oil in at night. I find that adding the oil in the morning helps keep my skin hydrated and smooth, plus aids with keeping flakiness at bay.
So, to review my routine with the addition of my small changes:
- (At night only) Use makeup remover to take off the day’s makeup from my eyes & face.
- (Day & night) Wash face thoroughly with black facial soap.
- (Day only) Mix a very small amount Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil with RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator and apply all over face.
- (Night only) Apply 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant with cotton ball, then apply RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator.
Still a very simple routine.I find my skin returned back to normal with my two small changes, and thankfully not feeling as dry as it had been. In fact, not only does it look fresher and more glowy than it usually does without makeup, but applying makeup has been much easier since I don’t have to worry about any flakiness!
Also, for those who are wondering: I haven’t experienced any issues with the addition of the Skin Therapy Oil to my skin. No clogging, breakouts or irritation. Plus, the rosehip scent is heavenly. Finally, both Paula’s Choice and Palmer’s are cruelty-free companies which don’t test on animals.