When I purchased Wet N Wild’s H20 Proof Liquid Eyeliner (my review for that is here) I also ended up purchasing a nail polish from their Fergie line: Wet N Wild’s Fergie Nail Color in the shade Rock N Roll. These have been out for awhile now but I tend to be late to the party more often than not. Regardless, I ended up picking up this shade because I have a soft spot for darker-looking polishes, and who can resist glitter? I can’t. I get weak-willed when I see sparkly nail polishes. They somehow end up at home with me.
This nail polish retails for around $3.49 USD and you receive 0.42 fl oz / 12.5 mL of product. There are 24 shades total in the Fergie Nail Color range. I purchased this polish at Walmart but you can also find them at Walgreens.
Rock all sides of The Dutchess from flossy to fierce in Fergified shades! 24 stunning shades specially developed in partnership with global superstar and pop culture icon Fergie. This exclusive collection is a reflection of the singer’s versatility, with looks ranging from rock-star glam to phunky hip to viciously edgy. Each on-trend shade embodies Fergie’s experimental style, specially formulated with glitters, confetti, chromes, metallics, and exclusive neon pigments that offer endless nail design creations.
This polish is not opaque upon application. You would need about 3 layers to achieve something close to full opacity, which means this polish is ideal for layering over others. As for the color, it is actually a clear base which suspends very small silver & charcoal glitter with small hex glitters throughout it. The hex glitters reflect varying colors which grants an almost holographic appearance. The polish looks beautiful in the bottle but the sparks of color were difficult to capture in a photo. Unfortunately, when applied to the nails, it’s even harder to see the colors you may see in the bottle.
I found the dry time to be a little longer than I am used to.
What I used:
- 1 coat of CND “Stickey” base coat
- My favorite base coat!
- 1 coat of Wet N Wild’s Wild Shine Nail Color in “Black Creme”
- My absolute favorite black nail polish. Applies opaque with a creme finish, has great shine, no drag… plus it lasts longer than you may expect for a drugstore polish.
- 1 coat of Wet N Wild Fergie Nail Color in “Rock N Roll”
- The glitter applies densely so there isn’t really a need for more than one coat when using it over a base like I did.
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat
- One of my favorite top coats so I can finish my nails and move on with my day.