I really enjoy doing these “What’s In My…” posts; I like to see them from other people and it’s fun to share my own because I think they give you a little bit of a glimpse into my everyday ‘real’ life. You’ve already seen my What’s In My Makeup Bag: March post, so this month I’ve chosen to do What’s In My Purse! I bought this purse at Target when it was on clearance for about $10. I like the color and shape of it, nice and slouchy… it’s a very ‘relaxed’ purse.
Fun fact: While I own more makeup than I’ll ever use, this is actually my only purse. I’m not a “purse girl”, the kind who switches purses to match mood or outfit. I’m fairly minimalist in terms of clothing and accessories. I don’t see the purpose behind why I’d need another purse other than to just ‘have’ it. Now, if we were talking about makeup “just to have it”, I’m probably one of the most guilty people you’d ever meet…
I don’t think I’m someone who carries a ton of stuff in my purse, as you can probably tell by the above photo. I try to avoid that lugging around too much because I don’t like the shoulder pain of a heavy bag, so as a result I tend to pack pretty light. One thing not in this photo is lip balm — I usually have my lip balm in the pocket of a zip-up jacket/sweater instead of my purse.
- My wallet — Another Target clearance item, purchased for under $5. I’ve had this wallet for about two years I think. I have a love-hate relationship with the pattern. I love roses but I’m not really a fan of the bright colors, I bought it mostly because it was on clearance and I needed a new wallet. I’m not in a rush to get rid of it but I’ll probably replace it later this year if anything new catches my eye.
- Mace spray — Safety first! I tend to be alone when I go shopping (to the mall, to get groceries, run other errands, etc.), so for me it just makes sense to have this. I’ve thankfully never had to actually use it, but I always make sure to carry it with me everywhere I go.
- USB flash drive — You never know when you might need a USB flash drive!
- Ultra Strength Headache Relief — I get headaches which happen on a regular basis, so I carry some kind of headache medicine with me at all times. This happens to be the one in my purse at the time of these photos being taken.
- Advil — If I am just dealing with some muscle pain or soreness, I try to avoid acetaminophen take some Advil (ibuprofin) instead.
- Tums Ultra Strength — A life saver when I get a bit of a tummy ache!
- Floss — Every one of us has experienced needing this and not having it… whether you were eating a snack or just had a meal at a restaurant, you’ve ended up with something in your teeth that only floss could help remove.
- Small chocolate bar — Just in case I need a small dose of sugar.
- L’Occitane Desert Rose Hand Creme — Just about finished with this after having it for about one year. I don’t think I’ll repurchase this, I am going to look for a hand cream from Lavanila this time around.
- Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty Pink — I’ve also had this for about one year. It’s a moisturizing balm that leaves a stain of color on the lips, and I really like it. I use it a few times a week. I have a review of it on my blog here.
- Girlactik Star Gloss in Smooch* — This product was sent to me about a year ago and I’ve worn it quite a bit since then. It gives a sweet, doll-like pink color to the lips. It’s almost empty, though, and while I like the color, I think I’ll replace it with a new lipgloss from either Tarte or Too Faced because I’m curious about those brands.
- Fossil watch — Black ceramic with swarovski crystals — one of my only watches. I admit I’m definitely more of a watch girl than a bracelet girl. I don’t have a jewelry box at home (again, I’m minimalist when it comes to clothing/accessories) so I end up just carrying this in my purse and putting it on when I’m in the mood to wear it.
- Tweezers — like tooth floss, you never know when you just might need a pair of tweezers! This is just a beat-up pair of tweezers I purchased from the drugstore about 2 or 3 years ago. This tweezer still works great, though, so I’m in no rush to replace it.
Well, there you have it: a glimpse into “What’s In My Purse”… do you carry similar things in your purse? Do any of the items I carry surprise you? What are some of your ‘must have’ purse items?